Select Atoms Dialog
The Select Atoms Dialog is one of the most frequently used in Java Molecular Editor and it is activated by many menues and other dialogs. Selected atoms will be highlighted.
When Atom Expression dialog is invoked user can select atoms in the main display window using mouse by pointing cursor at particular atom and clicking left mouse button.
Selection type Panel
- Atom - Individual atom selection
- Monomer - selecting an atom automatically select a whole residue selected atom belongs to.
- Molecule - selecting an atom automatically select a whole molecule selected atom belongs to.
Selection Rule Panel
- Union (or Addition) - add a new selection to the previous one.
- Difference (or Subtraction) - subtract new selection from the previous one.
- Intersection - resulting selection consists of elements which are present in both new and previous selections.
Quick Selection Panel
All [push button]
- Press this button to select all atoms in a molecule
Clear [push button]
- Press this button to unselect all selected atoms.
Invert [push button]
- Invert selection (Press this button to replace the list of selected atoms with the list of unselected atoms )
Atom Types [push button]
Activates the Select Atom Types dialog
Select atom types from the list
Monomer Types [push button]
Activates Select Monomer Type dialog with a list of all unique monomer names
Substructure [push button]
Activates Select Substructure dialog
Send all questions, suggestions and comments to Vlad (email@example.com)
Dr. Vladislav Vasilyev
Supercomputer Facility, The Australian National University,
Canberra, ACT, 0200, Australia
[Home] [E-mail me]